Heidi Tries 23 Things

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 3

Today I learned about RSS. I thought this would be a more involved process to set up, but I now realize that these 23 things I am learning about are far less complicated than one would think at first glance. I guess it is just a matter of taking afew minutes to learn each thing.

I set up my feeds using Google Reader. This was a simple process because I already have a Google account. I subscribed to a couple of Library related sites, just to get started. It looks when you get more and more feeds, you can organize them similar to emails. I think this will be a very useful tool to get the latest information without having to search all over the web. It is even easier than searching through my favorites.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

A few more thoughts on applications using RSS at school...

Obviously this will be a great way to keep up on changing technology and new publications that may be useful at school.

Also this may be a way that students can track information for a particular unit they are studying in class. Find the topic, find related sources and see what developes during the time they are studying that topic.

July 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home