Heidi Tries 23 Things

Sunday, January 19, 2014

23 mobile things #3

I decided to focus on browsers for this thing.  I have gotten used to safari on my iOS devices and have just started to play around with Crome on my own.  I downloaded Dolphin, Opera Mini,and Coast then performed a search for the same item on all 3 to compare.

First I tried Dolphin.  It does have a simplistic look that might appeal to my youngest students.  It seemed to load quickly which is certainly a plus, but I did not like the size of the font because it is large.  It is difficult to read articles on a tablet with its small screen.

Next I tried Opera.  I could hardly get anything to load and was quickly discouraged.

Coast was my Final and favorite browser.  It loaded super fast to a legible font.  It's touch friendly design makes organizing favorites easy and it is very similar to navigating in Windows  8 or iOS.  If I had to switch from what I am used to using,this would be my first choice. I will probably delete the other two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home